At O2 Dental Group of Wilmington, we want our patients to love their smiles! For patients experiencing the pain and discomfort of tooth loss, Dr. Lydia and Dr. O offer a permanent solution with dental implants at our Wilmington, NC dentist office.
In addition to restoring the look and function of your smile, dental implants can help you avoid the jawbone deterioration, which is commonly associated with tooth loss.
Are Dental Implants Right For Your Smile?
Are you missing one or more of your teeth? Regular brushing, flossing, and preventive checkups allow some people to maintain their natural smiles for a lifetime. However, sometimes our natural teeth just can’t last forever.
Tooth loss can be caused by oral trauma due to an accident or altercation, illness, stress, age, decay, and more. Sometimes it’s just bad luck that causes someone to suffer the loss of a tooth!
If you’ve lost a tooth (or teeth), dental implants could help to repair your oral health and rejuvenate your smile. Dr. Lydia is one of the only dentists in Wilmington to offer surgical dental implant placement right here in our dentist's office.
No matter the cause of tooth loss, the solution is the same: rebuild a natural, healthy smile.
- Don’t Hurt - A replacement for your lost tooth (or teeth) needs to feel comfortable in your mouth and to allow you to enjoy your favorite foods without irritating your gums or adjacent teeth. Once healed, dental implants are a pain-free, permanent solution!
- Look Natural - You don’t want a replacement tooth that looks fake - this could draw even more negative attention to your smile than a lost tooth. Dental implants are matched to the rest of your teeth for a natural-looking smile.
- Keep Your Mouth Healthy - Bulky dental appliances can cause bone loss and irritation to your gums and can increase your risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay. Dental implants fit perfectly with your natural smile, protecting your jaw bone and gums.
- Are Easy To Take Care Of - Dental implants are permanent - no slipping dentures or removable bridges! You can take care of your dental implants the same way you do your natural teeth: simple brushing and flossing.
- Can Last A Lifetime - Your dental implants are created to last the rest of your life! No other tooth replacement solution can make that claim.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are titanium posts implanted in your jaw that act as artificial “tooth roots”, permanently anchoring your new tooth, bridge or denture. Each implant is topped with a dental crown, providing a chewing surface and restoring the appearance of the missing tooth. Modern tooth restoration has never been better!
At O2 Dental Group, we use advanced CEREC same-day dental crowns. That means Dr. Lydia can fabricate the crown to top off your dental implant in just one visit!
What Type Of Dental Implant Do I Need?
At O2 Dental Group, we will recommend the type of dental implant that will best relieve our patients who suffer from tooth loss. A consultation with Dr. Lydia or Dr. O can help you decide which type of dental implant will work best for your smile.
Single Dental Implant
If you’ve lost a single tooth due to decay or trauma, a single dental implant can help you smile with confidence again. Your natural tooth can be replaced with a single titanium dental implant and natural-looking dental crown.
A dental implant will replace your natural tooth’s root and surface, allowing you to smile, speak and enjoy your favorite foods just like you could with your natural tooth!
Implant Retained Dentures
Implant retained dentures can significantly restore the quality of life for many patients. Loss of a tooth can cause problems with basic, day-to-day activities like chewing or even speaking. Our Wilmington dental patients can find relief from discomfort and inconvenience with durable implant retained dentures.
Using mini dental implants, Dr. Lydia or Dr. O can install your prosthesis in just one appointment, with minimal surgery.
All-on-4® Dental Implants
With All-on-4 dental implants, your implants are stabilized together with a prosthesis that allows you to use your teeth immediately.
If you are a good candidate for All-on-4 dental implants, you can expect to have your restored teeth in just one day! Everyone’s case is unique, but the vast majority of the work done by Dr. Lydia and our restorative dentistry team will be done before the implant surgery.
Hybrid Implant Dentures
Hybrid implant dentures are an innovative solution for patients who need to replace full rows of teeth. This restorative dental procedure consists of dentures that are permanently fixed to dental implants.
Conventional full dentures can slip and move along your gums, but with implant dentures, prosthetic teeth are anchored to a set of four dental implants. Hybrid implant dentures can be the ideal solution for patients who are tired of dentures causing irritation to their gums and sliding around their mouths.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The simple answer to how much dental implants cost is this: it depends. Just like with any surgery, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost. We can provide you an accurate estimate after a consultation with Dr. Lydia or Dr. O. Considerations for dental implant cost include:
- The quality, amount, and location of bone. If you require bone grafting, the total costs associated with your implants will be higher.
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced and the type of dental implant that will be used.
- Dental insurance. Some insurances cover only parts of implant treatment, or have a waiting period for eligibility.
If you’re concerned about the cost of implants, call our Wilmington dental practice to schedule a consultation.
A consultation allows us to spend one-on-one time with you so we can understand your oral health goals and financial considerations while presenting you with the best possible information about dental implants.
Whether you’re on a budget, have a fixed income, or aren’t sure if your dental insurance covers dental implants, we have a variety of financing plans available to you.
Dental Implant Restoration
Problems with implants are rare, but they can happen. If you notice your dental implant has loosened, is causing your gum to swell, or the crown on top of your implant is cracked, call O2 Dental Group of Wilmington to schedule an emergency dentist appointment right away!
A dental implant can’t fix itself and if you try to treat it at home, you could end up causing more damage to your mouth.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation With O2 Dental Group Of Wilmington Today!
If you have questions about dental implants, tooth pain, or any other services O2 Dental Group offers, give our Wilmington dentist office a call.
A consultation with Dr. Lydia or Dr. O can be the perfect way to answer all of your questions and help you decide if dental implants are the best way to restore your smile's health and appearance!
If you’re considering dental implants, our Wilmington, NC dentists can answer your questions. Dr. Lydia and Dr. O will be there every step of the way!