If you are worried about a damaged or decayed tooth, experts at the office of O2 Dental Group can help you bring it back to its normal function and look with the use of fillings. We offer tooth-colored, metal-free fillings as a safe, effective and more natural looking alternative to traditional metal fillings.
Tooth-colored fillings offer more than one advantages in terms of restoring your teeth and your overall dental health. Some of these are:
- They look natural as they are made to be of the same color as the tooth they are applied to.
- They limit the damage caused by trauma and dental cavities, dental caries or dental decay.
- Fillings protect the remaining tooth structure from further damage.
- Helps in re-establishing the adequate function of a tooth.
- Helps prevent damage to the nerve of the tooth.
- Helps in preventing tooth loss.
- Makes it easier to clean your teeth.
The procedure of placing fillings on the teeth begins with numbing the tooth with the use of local anesthesia. Following this, any existing decay is removed, and the tooth is cleaned and disinfected. A filling material matching the color of the tooth is then placed, and the tooth is polished to give it a natural finish. You must continue to follow good oral hygiene practices in order to make your fillings last long. These include proper brushing and flossing daily and visiting our office twice a year for cleanings and checkups. If your filling is damaged, you should immediately contact our dental office so that we can assess the situation and determine whether the filling needs to be replaced.