The popularity of dental implants has been increasing over time due to its benefits and advantages over other restorative dental procedures. Since patients would prefer a treatment that would look and feel as natural as possible, that makes dental implants an ideal solution.
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically placed on the patient’s jaw bone to serve as the root of a missing tooth. It can replace single to multiple missing teeth by holding dental prostheses like crowns, bridges, and dentures. One characteristic of an implant that makes it better than other treatments is its ability to promote osseointegration. Osseointegration is the process that occurs when the bone forms a natural bond to the implant post further securing its durability and stability.
At O2 Dental Group, we are proud to offer the best treatments including Dental Implants performed by our skilled, gentle, knowledgeable, and experienced dentists. Do not miss out on life because of missing teeth! Undergo teeth restoration procedures to regain your confidence, appearance, and an excellent overall dental health condition.
Tips for Proper Care and Maintenance of Dental Implants
- Dental implants must be maintained by cleaning it like the rest of the natural structures. Although these are artificial materials, proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing should still be practiced for its overall maintenance.
- Fluoridated products such as toothpaste and mouthwash can remove its protective oxide layer exposing it to corrosion.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid scratching or damaging the dental prosthesis. It also ensures that the oral structures such as gums are well-maintained.
- While brushing or flossing the teeth, pay close attention to the surrounding area of the implants. Gently clean the area while making sure that there are no remaining food particles.
- Use an antimicrobial mouthwash for a more effective mouth rinsing.
- Dental implants do not decay, but sugary treats should still be avoided to keep the health of the surrounding teeth.
- The treatment’s durability allows the patients to eat the foods they like without any restrictions. But it is also recommended to take it easy with sticky and hard foods like candies, toffees, and more. These can cause damage to the dental prosthesis attached to the implants if taken excessively.
Dental Implants may be an ideal solution for replacing missing teeth due to its durability, stability, comfort, and convenience but it still requires proper care. Proper dental hygiene and care at home, partnered with regular dental checkups and cleaning can help in its maintenance and longevity. Restore your teeth and maintain your good overall dental health status with dental implants!